« View county listHigh Wind Watch
Wind River Mountains East-Lander Foothills-
Including the city of Lander
211 PM MDT Sat Oct 21 2017
...HIGH WIND WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY MORNING THROUGH SUNDAY
The National Weather Service in Riverton has issued a High Wind
Watch, which is in effect from Sunday morning through Sunday
* TIMING...Winds may increase tomorrow morning and become strong
on Sunday before decreasing late Sunday.
* WINDS...West to southwest 20 to 40 mph with gusts to 60 mph.
* IMPACTS...Strong crosswinds will pose a risk to high profile
A High Wind Watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph...or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest
$$Winter Weather Advisory
Yellowstone National Park-Teton and Gros Ventre Mountains-
Including the cities of Lake, Mammoth, and Old Faithful
201 PM MDT Sat Oct 21 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO
9 PM MDT SUNDAY...
* WHAT...Periods of snow developing this evening and continuing
through Sunday. Expect 4 to 8 inches in the higher elevations
with lesser amounts below 8000 feet.
* WHERE...Yellowstone National Park and Teton and Gros Ventre
* WHEN...9 PM today to 9 PM Sunday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for reduced visibilities at
times. Teton Pass will be snow covered and slick at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will
cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered
roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.