« View county listWind Advisory
Upper Snake River Plain-Lower Snake River Plain-
Including the cities of Idaho Falls, Rexburg, and Pocatello
303 AM MST Mon Feb 27 2017
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 6 PM MST
* IMPACTS/TIMING...Strong cross winds can make driving difficult
especially for high profile vehicles. In addition, blowing
snow may create areas with lower visibility and drifting
* WINDS...Increasing to 30 to 35 mph Tuesday afternoon with
gusts to 45 mph at times.
* LOCATIONS...Snake River Plain and INL.
A wind advisory means that winds of 30 mph are expected. Gusts
over 45 mph are possible. Winds this strong can make driving
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra
$$Winter Weather Advisory
Upper Snake Highlands-
Including the cities of St. Anthony, Ashton, Island Park, Driggs,
245 AM MST Mon Feb 27 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM MST THIS
* IMPACTS...Difficult travel due to slick roads is expected
especially on any passes and lesser traveled roads ABOVE 6500
feet near the Wyoming border.
* TIMING...Occasional snowfall will continue through the rest of today.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...Additional 2 to 4 inches above 6500ft for
locations mentioned above, with less than 2 inches elsewhere.
* CONFIDENCE...Moderate on snow amounts and timing.
* LOCATIONS...Mountains from south of Island Park through Teton
A winter weather advisory for snow and blowing snow means that
periods of snow and blowing snow may cause travel difficulties.
Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities, and
remember to take it slow in the snow.